Thursday, March 06, 2008

Snow Day



This morning I left for work, and it was cold and overcast. By noon it was snowing big cotton ball sized flakes. At 1:30 a guy at church said that the Denton schools were closing down, so I rushed over to the kids' school, and got them. We crawled home at 15mph with the many other non-snow drivers, and made it. I probably could have used chains, which of course I don't have. William is just now walking in the door; it took him an hour and a half to get home. Meanwhile, the kids made some big snowmen in the front yard.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Oooh - how fun to see how it looked over at your house! I think you got more snow than us; we got about 3.5 - 4 inches... Isn't it fun to make snowmen? :)

Anonymous said...

I take it that this weather is unusual?
Aunt Gretchen

Anonymous said...

That snowman is as big as Sam! How fun!

Jenna

Robin said...

These are wonderful pictures! What an adventure. I'm glad everyone got home safely and that everyone had lots of fun! Nice! It's probably 72 degrees by today, Sunday, eh?