Monday, August 18, 2008

My crazy Sunday

My supervising pastor, Lisa, is about to give birth any moment. So, yesterday was her due date, and obviously she wasn't able to be at church doing all she does. I'm her assistant, so for the next month and a half or so, I'm responsible for various details that she does normally. I don't have to be responsible for the elementary kids teachers; Pam is doing that, but we just recruited about 15 new teachers for the fall quarter, and the meeting was yesterday. I had a lot to do, and basically I ran around from 8am to 2pm.

On my list of things to do were:

Get breakfast snacks ready for the elem. kids meeting from 9-10
Make sure all the nurseries were staffed
Find two subs when they weren't
Stay in the nursery until the sub could come
Make sure the babies room wasn't too crazy-we ended up having 4 adults in there with 10 babies
Get the prizes for the elem kids to the teachers in time to pass them out in class
Pick up the lunch at the store and get it ready for the teachers' meeting after church
Find pens and name tags for the teachers for the meeting
Enjoy sitting still while Pam led the meeting

At one point I was actually running across the parking lot with the prizes, and one of the new teachers saw me and asked me later, "was that you I saw running?" Yes it was.

I can't really convey the day, but it was crazy. And fun, in a way, since I had success and nothing too big fell through the cracks. And I was so blessed by the many adults who did the real work of the morning.

4 comments:

Jenn Pete said...

Glad I was able to support you in your walmart efforts :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Heidi you are one capable lady. Smart too! Glad you made it thru the day. Hope you day off was restful. Love you. Dad

Robin said...

Fun to read your report of your crazy day! It sounds like it all went well and nothing fell apart! I would have loved to see you running across the parking lot!! :-)
Mom

Heidi said...

Thanks everyone! It's fun to share the silly things of daily life. :-)