Saturday, January 17, 2009

In honor of Homeschoolers

I've had two different people from church ask me this week if I homeschool my kids. I told them that I don't, but that I am definitely a "homeschool sympathizer." I've figured out that I'm just not a very good homeschooling mom. I'm not very disciplined, and I just would rather let everyone play than try to do something productive. I guess I like to waste time too much to be my own motivator.

I followed a link from Jennifer's blog, and found this Christian comedian, Tim Hawkins. I watched other some of his other You Tube videos, and found the following. But, in honor of all the homeschooling family and friends I know and love, I had to provide this link.

4 comments:

Jenn Pete said...

I just realized that I don't think I like homeschooling either... I just like to play with my kids :)

Gretchen said...

What a funny song! I posted it on my Facebook. =0)

Daniel Shackelford said...

It depends on what kind of homeshcooler you are. We are not the overachieving type, so our homeschooling involves quite a bit of playing. Bethany does regular assessments and makes sure the kids are staying at or above grade level.

Homeschooling is more of a mentality, and I think you probably have it Heidi. Even though your kids are in school, there is a high value on reading and learning, with good examples in their parents. That makes a huge difference, even if you are not actually homeschooling.

Robin said...

That was such a cute little movie! I loved it. I was the more laid back version of homeschooler, I think, but that's part of its beauty - it's put on by the parents and it reflects their own personalities and strengths. And I love the appearance of your blog! CUTE!
Momma

p.s. I'm enjoying your slide show too. It sure was wonderful to have you all out here! :-)