Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Van Gets Some Love

I am happy to say that today we finally sold our '89 Ford Van, and used the money immediately to buy tires, fix the alignment, and get the front brakes and roters done in our newer '94 Mazda MPV. It cost exactly what the other van sold for. So, while I was excited to have some extra money for about six hours, I am also glad to know that our Mazda is safe and reliable. We knew that we'd have to get the work done this month, so I'd say that the Lord provided just what we needed. And, on a happy note, we no longer have to pay to insure the old van.

3 comments:

David Cho said...

Wow, I give myself kudos for driving a 95 Toyota. You beat me by a year.

Nathan said...

I still have a 93 Toyota. Replaced the engine last year, so I will probably drive it for a while.

Good to see you post! That's a happy step in the right direction. Reliable mainstay and less insurance to pay for...yay!

Luke said...

I'm about to transfer insurance on my little 85 Accord to myself from brother peter's name. Still have to get ownership of it, but at least the insurance will be cheaper (since it will be just me and not both of us). Yup, 85 is pretty old. And it's starting to tell I think. I need to start a 'winter stash' of money for the time when my car stops and transport is required, neh? (c: