Monday, December 05, 2005

That Suspended Feeling

William and I are in kind of a strange place in life right now. We know that it is getting to be time to move on from "the desert" and we can tell that changes are coming. Its exciting to be anticipating new things. However, we don't know what the new things will be. We have a number of different options in the hopper.

Most of you know that I am applying to Wheaton College to finish up my degree. Lots of hurdles have to be crossed if that is going to happen...Getting accepted, financial aid, William's job, a place to live and so on. If we actually make it there I feel like its a miracle. There are other possibilities too...William's exact job is up in the air. He has decided not to pursue Special Education, since it requires so much more schooling, at least here in California. So, there are questions about what will happen next year.

I have this picture in my head of me: I am leaping, suspended in mid-air with a really goofy grin on my face. I am excited about the future, but I have no clue where I am going to land. It's a little exhausting. In the meanwhile, William is applying for anything that sounds like fun, or a viable possiblility. Throw lots of bread out into the water, and see what comes back. I'll be just as excited as anyone to see what happens.

On the home front, Sam got a fever about three days ago for 36 hours stright. The day before yesterday, his whole mouth broke out in canker sores. He no longer had a fever, but I took him to the doctor yesterday. The doctor thought it was just cold sores. She said that it is normal for little kids to get a fever the first time they get canker sores. OK. So, today he is feeling a lot better. He still has canker sores, but they don't seem as painful. I hope this doesn't happen again soon.

Madeline and Abigail got two small fake trees from Grandma DeHart which they put in their room and decorated. I'm really enjoying this first Christmas season in three years in our own place. It is going to be exciting to get out the old decorations and put up the tree this week. I also made an advent wreath, and we are doing the readings together on Sunday nights. The girls are getting old enough to really enjoy and remember special meaning and traditions.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

I hope your limbo materializes into something more solid pretty soon. I know that can be nerve-wracking.

Heidi said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Nathan and Carol.

Luke said...

I think abel has been struggling with canker sores as well. You might want to talk to heather about that.