Friday, January 06, 2006

Into the New Year

We are on the road to recovery from the Holiday season. This week we got a cold, so the kids and I stayed home together. It was nice to have a week of down time. And, the house got totally out of control. So today we worked all day doing the much needed cleaning job to get things back to normal.

Reflecting on this Holiday season, we are realizing that we do too much at Christmas and New Year's. We went to six family gatherings, and spent two nights with family friends in San Diego over New Year's. I'd say that overall it was fun, but the hecticness of showing up everywhere at Christmas began to take away the specialness of the Season. We are going to rethink our methods and priorities for next year.

My two favorite gifts this year were from William. He gave me a food processer, and a Leatherman Tool. I've had fun using both lately.

Yesterday I mailed off my Wheaton application. We'll see what happens with that in early April.

Happy New Year to all of you!

No comments: