Saturday, April 08, 2006

Some News

Well, as most of you know, I have been waiting for news to see whether or not I was accepted to Wheaton. I got my letter today, and I was not accepted. Interestingly, William had a dream about a month ago in which we got the non-acceptance letter, so I kind of had to process the possibility then. So, while I am sad, I am also feeling a sense of relief in finally knowing for sure. I had to come to the place where I could trust the Lord to do the best for me, even if it was different that what I believed was best. And I know that He has dreams for my life that I have no concept of at this point.

This does leave us with less direction than we would have had if I'd been accepted, but it also feels like we have freedom for anything. We are waiting to see what the next path is. Oh, we gave our 30 day notice at the apartment, so we will be moving by April 30th for sure. The questions is, Where? There is always Texas, with Erin and Jim, who are being very encouraging and helpful to make the path smooth. We'll just see what happens in the next 22 days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, as disappointing as it may seem, it's just a way of God leading you where he wants. One step closer to what he really has for you. Prayers from our family to yours.

Daniel Shackelford said...

You are always welcome out here in Jackson with us. The cost is low, there is plenty of nature, and winter lasts 5 months...

Gretchen said...

Heidi, I really am curious to see where God leads you guys. He has been so clear in the past and He will be clear now as well.

ShackelMom said...

I always liked what Dan and Bethany liked to say, that they were waiting for 'Plan A.' I tend to think of my plan as 'Plan A' and if it doesn't go the way I thought, then we go with 'Plan B' but D&B's way of looking at it is much or like it really is: God's plan, if we are walking with Him, is 'Plan A' and mine a mere 'Plan B or C.'

Looking forward to see what Plan A will be!

Heidi said...

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. Plan A is definately a good way to describe the waiting process. And we do have Plans B and C in our pockets, but I doubt we'll have to pull them out. Meg, I know exactly what you're saying, and at this point we are in the 10th hour, or so. We are just packing up each day, and waiting to see what happens. I'll keep you all updated as soon as we know something more.