Wednesday, May 03, 2006

We Made It

I need to officially report that we made it to the Barnes' Oasis. We drove for three long days, day two being the worst, and rolled in at about 6:30pm on Tuesday. I have some photos of the drive, which I'll post when I can.

Since we've gotten here, we've been enjoying home cooked meals, good beds, and the pool. Today we got to drive around town and look at some of the neighborhoods where we could buy. It was fun to get oriented. I will say that it is much prettier here than I was imagining. There are lots of old trees, and right now everything is green. It is a far cry from the desert landscape we are used to. And, I am really enjoying the silence of the neighborhood.

So, tomorrow we go unpack the truck at the storage unit. I'm believing that it won't be as difficult to unpack as it was to pack, and it will be good to have the big yellow truck out of the yard.

One exciting event, we saw our first snake in the pool. It was Erin and Jim's first snake too. Fortunately it was a garden snake, since we were all swimming and it swam over William's shoulder. You bet we left the water quickly. Now we look carefully before we get in.

We are blessed by Erin and Jim's hospitality and generosity to us. And we are praying that the right job comes along for William. He'll be going to a teacher's job fair on Monday, and we'll see what happens. I know many of you are praying too, so thank you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're there safely and I'm thinking that all of the job and house stuff will fall into place quickly. I feel very good about you all being together. Happy birthday, Heidi! I hope it's an especially wonderful day! It was only 32 short years ago that you were born at Anaheim Memorial Hospital! Lots of Love...

Gretchen said...

Yeah, you made it. =) Happy birthday Heidi!!! I hope it's a good one.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! What exciting times for you all. Definitely unknown and risky, but so exciting. Enjoy.

ShackelMom said...

Yeh-hey! I kept checking this space for the "We're here!" news! What a relief! We will continue to pray as the pieces fall in place!

Unknown said...

Thinking of your guys out there... I really look forward to hearing how God fills in all of the blanks for your family. And I am so glad Jim and Erin can be blessed by having family nearby now.

Nathan said...

Very cool to hear that everything has gone smoothly. Those cross-country moves are grueling! Keep us updated!

Heidi said...

I'm glad to get to check the blog and connect a little. We'll keep you updated as things happen. Love You!