Friday, May 19, 2006

4500 Napa Valley, Argyle, Texas

Hello, It's William posting on Heidi's Blog. Just wanted to put up some pictures of the house we are looking seriously at. Enjoy.

Here is the Front View! Behold the majestic peaks!


You can see that the back yard slopes up a bit in the back. However, half of the yard is level, and there is plenty of room for a play place. Yes! And the BBQ.


The east side of the house.


This is my favorite feature of the home--the fireplace. I am excited to have Claude, Tim, Stacy, all the Shackelfords, and of course the grandparents, and anyone else to come and sit by the fire.


Here is Sam's future bedroom--the study. My suggestion: put some saloon doors there for Sam and his six gun to barrel through.


Those aren't the Grand Tetons in the distance. You can't see them from here. However, the army corps. of engineers owns the property directly across from the house and we have a view of the forest.


The westside of the house. See, there is some distance between us and the neighbors. We can extend our fence forward and I can practice my archery skills on the weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Gretchen

I love seeing the pictures of your possible house. It makes it even more exciting to think of coming out to visit you! It looks like a perfect family home.

Unknown said...

How exciting! That big yard looks like a lot of potential fun. Can't wait to see how things pan out for your family.

ShackelMom said...

Looking forward to seeing what the Lord does! I think it is interesting that this house has a "California" address! Seems fitting!

Heidi said...

Hey, I just checked my blog, and found your fun comments. Yes, Carol, I've actually been lying awake at night imagining what I can do with those walls. Will and I are going to have fun painting before we move in. We also have lots of ideas for the backyard. But the most wonderful thing is that I know that even if we can't afford to do much, the house is totally liveable as is, and all the rest can come later. I also thought it was interesting to have the California street address. In fact, the tract is called "The Vintage", and all the streets are either names of wine, or places where wine is grown. I like the connotation, because there are so many biblical allusions to wine, and branches and everything. Its a nice reminder for me of how the house is from the Lord, and that I am a branch on his vine.

Nathan said...

Very cool,Heidi & Will. I'm looking forward to see how things work out!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Hil
Big sky and open space - wonderful for romping and all that kid stuff:) New house where your dirt is your own and lots of uncluttered walls ready for your creative hand:)The Lord is good! We will pray about the job and look forward to your updates. Rejoicing with you and love you all!