Friday, August 11, 2006

More daily details

I'm at the library again, so I can post some news. Things are slowly coming together, but we are still living in the moving chaos of unpacked boxes and bags with no place to put the contents yet. However, I conqured the livingroom furniture yesterday by finally arranging it in a way that feel right. And I took the trouble to hem all four sides of a 30 ft peice of fabric that I bought for a "window treatment" which is finally up and looking good. I took some photos, which I'll post as soon as possible.

Will has been working these last two weeks going to district conferences and setting up his room. There are a ton of details, but he's finally figuring out what the curriculum is. School starts Monday, August 14th for him, so we are down to the wire on prep time.

The girls are going to be attending our local elementary school here in Denton, and that starts on Tuesday, August 15th. I'm looking forward to the structure and schedule, and also time to concentrate on household orgaization tasks. Sam is pretty self entertaining, so I'll have time to think things through.

A few details about the physical location of our home...We are about 3 miles south of Denton's downtown area off of the I-35 west. Our tract stands alone surrounded by trees and fields, so it's very quiet and pretty. We are only 1/2 mile from the offramp, and Will can take the I-35 down to Ft Worth where he is teaching. It's about a 40 minute drive, but only a small part of it has traffic, which he can avoid with surface streets if necessary.

Our church, the kid's school, and downtown shopping etc are all about 5 miles away. So we get the luxury of a rural setting with the convenience of town nearby.

We really like Denton. Last night I was talking to Will about the homey feeling we have in certian parts of town. I love knowing that this is our hometown, and I love the history here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi and all the fam. Thanks for the update on home life and Will's schedule. It is hard to start a new job. So, take good of care of hubby at the end of each day :-). It is also nice that the girls are in a school close by. That will be a blessing every day. Erin flys in tonight and the Purcell's with Anna are picking her up and spending the night. Then they have to take Anna to LAX for a 5am flight to Italy. So, lots of fun ahead. Robin had Gretchen over last night to help her with Anders' "nipple confusion". Some progress was made. Love to you all. Dad

Nathan said...

Heidi, thanks for the details. That's the kind of stuff that keeps us up to date. It's great to see you settling in. We are excited for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hi dear! I'm wondering how the first days of school are going for William and the girls? I hope is was calm and happy and the kids can make some nice friends. I'm busy being back to work and we're having a good time with Erin. We're heading down to Bolsa Chica for the weekend, so that will be nice. A good way to end my first week back at work.
Take care and we love you all!