Monday, September 25, 2006

Long in the Tooth

Grandpa made a mention that my blog is getting "long in the tooth," which I thought was a very good description. I haven't been online in weeks. But, to catch everyone up, we had a great time with Heather and David and the kids when they were here earlier this month. Our kids got along great, and it was nice to see that our house can handle two families. Heather and I went and found Central Market, which is a really upscale grocery store about 40 minutes away. I've been wanting to go there, so we had fun checking it out. Having the Shackelfords here made our house feel even more like a home. I'm looking forward to building fun memories like that as time goes on.

Madeline and Abigail are doing well in school, and Will's job is bumping along at a satisfactory rate. We are really settling into our life routine here.

I am enjoying spending time with Sam during the day, and I am also getting to know some of my neighbors, which is fun.

Church has been wonderful and encouraging. We had a gathering this last Saturday night, and I have to say that the highlight for me was when the worship leader moved into rap during one of the songs. David and Heather can understand what that might look like, having visited. Anyway, I definately enjoyed the spontinaity (sp?) and general fun we have there.

I am helping in the 4 year old class now, since we have moved to a two service format starting this week. So I work with the kids from 7:30am to 11:00, and then go to the second service with Will and the kids. I've committed to work through December, so we'll see how that goes. Anyway, I really appreciate all that my kids recieve there, so I'm glad to give something back.

Since Labor Day the weather has been much more moderate, and today was in the high 70's. Fall is in the air-my favorite time of year. I love being able to open the windows and air out the house.

Yesterday we went on a walk, and for fun stopped at the community pool. On a whim we let the kids go in in their clothes, which they loved. They shivered their way home, but it was a great unusual experience.

6 comments:

ShackelMom said...

Yehey! When I saw you'd been commenting on the family blogs again, I rushed over to see if you'd done a new one yourself, since you have obviously been near a computer! We were thinking about how much fun you guys and the D&H Shacks would be having! So, do you have an internet connection in your house now?

Unknown said...

Yep, I did the same thing as Mom after seeing a comment. Nice to get updated on your days-- sounds like your life has really smoothed out, and I am happy for you. I'd love to see some pictures of your home!

Anonymous said...

Maybe short in the tooth is an apt way to put it now. Glad for the report and letting the kids get wet in their clothes is something they will remember for a long time. Imagine!! Madeline is now ten years old.

Anonymous said...

Great update! Thanks for putting in the details that make it so interesting! I love fall too... and we've had a few fallish days/moments recently too, giving us hope that the season will change. So glad you all had fun with the Shacks - very homey!
Love you!

abuelo said...

Looks like a good time for an update. Love to hear about Abigail scaring the boys in her class. Did you get the kit I gave to several that teaches the kids Spanish? Might be a super thing for them. David Shack was just out the door (Wed. the18th) and will start toward WA later in the day with his trailer in tow. Missions month at Granada, Sunday Aunt Gretchen shared how Faith Promise had been provided. Luke read half of the dialog about missions and Sam Eitzen the other, in the two services. Peter's video of Cambodia was the piece de resistance in the Missions Hour.

Anonymous said...

Hi Heidi,

I am sending this hoping that you will see it. I have lost your address card with all your info, so 'am contacting you this way. It has been fun reading your blog and getting caught up. Life in Texas sounds good. What meaningful memories you are making. Swimming in clothes and shivering all the way home will be one of the greats. Would you mind sending me your phone number, address, e-mail, etc. again? I would really enjoy talking to you about some interesting things that have come up.
Aunt Hil